These are great opportunities! Be sure to read through the options and don't miss the deadlines.
Evergreen Underground Water Conservation District Scholarship Program - $1,000-$2,000 - 3 Awards (Deadline: April 2, 2021)
To be eligible for the Scholarship a student must:
Required documentation and essay entry information:
FREE Scholarship Searches:
College information great site for College information and workshops for students and parents in San Antonio Texas.
Vocational School resources and information
Texas A&M College Station
The link below has the Texas A&M College Station recruiter's calendar availability for students to schedule virtual or in person meetings.
TSI Test Prep
The link is free to use!
Houston Community College: http://ctle.hccs.edu/
Sign-Up School Day ACT
October 19, 2021 Sign up by this FRIDAY (Sept. 3rd)!
Please come see Mrs. Pruski
ACT School Day TESTING Junior High Gym October 19, 2021
Junior High NEW Gym 7:45 am report to gym. Desks will be 6 feet apart. Only 25 spots available!
Seniors that used the voucher last March will have to pay to re-test.
SEATS are available for Juniors and Seniors... Cost is $36.00!
PSAT & SAT
Nearly every college in America accepts the SAT or SAT Subject Tests as a part of its admissions process. That's why more than two million students take the SAT every year.
Register Online for the SAT at http://www.collegeboard.com
Financial Assistance for College
FAFSA LINK to complete for Financial Aid opens in October. Seniors and Parents of Seniors please complete in October.
The FAFSA must be completed every year for your child that is attending College, trade school or University.
Paying for College:
Why fill out a FAFSA?:
- Research and shop for a college
- compare colleges http://www.collegefortexans.com/CollegeCompare/
- college matcher http://www.collegefortexans.com/cfbin/collegematch.cfm
2. Research the Cost of Attendance (COA) at the prospective colleges (i.e. tuition, fees, housing, living expenses, meals, books)
3. Apply to colleges, universities, or trade schools as early as August 1st your senior year
- www.applytexas.org (most Texas community colleges and universities)
- www.commonapp.org(several out of state colleges and universities)
4. Some institutions have their own Admissions Applications
5. Apply early - watch for deadline, some are as early as December 1
6. Top 10% students need to adhere to admission deadlines
8. Have someone proof read your essays and application
9. Submit your application by mail or electronically
10. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online as early as January: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov
11. Check status of application frequently
12. Compare award letters from prospective colleges
13. Make a decision and accept the offer that meets your educational needs