Bus Riders Rules and Regulations
Rules defining student conduct are designed to protect the passengers and shall be observed at all times. Bus safety rules shall include, but not be limited to, the following.
1. The bus driver is in charge of students on the bus. Students shall follow the driver's directions at all times.
2. Only authorized personnel and eligible bus students assigned to a specific bus are permitted to ride the bus.
3. Buses will stop at established stops only. Students will not be permitted to leave the bus until the bus arrives at an established bus stop or the appropriate school. Students shall load and unload at their designated bus stop only.
4. Students shall wait for a bus by remaining on the sidewalk. If there is no sidewalk, students will wait next to (but not in) the street. Students must wait until the bus comes to a full stop before boarding or leaving the bus.
5. Students will remain properly seated at all times and not block the center aisle. Any or all students may be assigned seats.
6. Students must keep their hands, head, feet, and personal objects inside the bus at all times.
7. Scuffling, shoving, or fighting is prohibited on the bus and at established bus stops.
8. Littering or throwing items inside or from the bus is prohibited.
9. Students are not allowed to consume food or drink on the bus. The use of all tobacco products is prohibited.
10. Students shall not deface or vandalize the bus or related equipment. Students that violate this rule will be required to pay for damages.
11. Students are not to engage in loud talking, yelling, the use or profanity, inappropriate language or gestures, on the bus.
12. Students are not allowed to bring animals or harmful objects (i.e. weapons, drugs, alcohol, fireworks, etc.).
13. Students, while on the bus and when exiting or entering the bus, are required to comply with and will be subject to the Student Code of Conduct/Discipline Rules established by the School District.
14. Students, while on the bus, while entering or exiting the bus and while at or in the general area ofthe designated loading and unloading zone area, are required to comply with and will be subject to the Student Code of Conduct/Discipline Rules established by the school district and Transportation.
15. Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten must have authorized adult at bus door or the child will not be released.
16. Bus audio and video can only be viewed by District Administration and appropriate staff.
17. Students will have one pickup and drop off location per school year unless approved by Director of Transportation.
THE FOLLOWING DISCIPLINARY PROCEDURES FOR
BUS TRANSPORTATION WILL APPLY:
(Parents will be notified by phone and mail after each offense)
a) FIRST OFFENSE:
A verbal and written warning is issued to the student.
b) SECOND OFFENSE:
A three-day suspension is issued to the student.
c) THIRD OFFENSE:
A 6-1 0 day suspension is issued to the student.
d) FOURTH OFFENSE:
A 10-30 day suspension is issued to the student or possible removal from transportation privileges for the remainder of the school year and/or other appropriate action by district.
e) SEVERE CLAUSE:
If a student's conduct while on the bus or while exiting or entering the bus either jeopardizes the safety of other students and/or the driver, or constitutes an offense under the Student Code of Conduct/Disciplinary Rules that could result in expulsion or removal to the District's Alternative Education Program, a suspension of the student's bus transportation privileges will immediately be placed into effect for a period of time up to the remainder of the school year. This suspension will be in addition to any other disciplinary action that may be taken by the School District with respect to the conduct referred to in this clause.